Lacking Nothing

Lacking Nothing

Monday 6 January 2014

30 Day Challenge - Day 6



My views on mainstream music...

I listen to a lot of styles and genres of music. Mainstream is one that I listen to. Do I like the sound of it, mostly yes. Do I like the violence, swearing and inappropriateness of it, no.

In today's society these things aren't frowned upon as much as they used to be. Even little 10 year old kids swear and carry on and I believe some mainstream music is influencing the kids by doing these things themselves. I think the 'YOLO' statement comes into play here a bit too. Some people think; 'We only live once so we can do whatever the heck we want.'

I honestly don't agree with it. Yes we live once, but there's a difference to living life fully and being a disrespectful and offensive person about it. I guess I've gone deeper than I wanted but that's my opinion. I like some mainstream music but sometimes I wish it could be a bit more respectful and considerate of other people. 

Till tomorrow. God bless x

No comments:

Post a Comment