Lacking Nothing

Lacking Nothing

Friday 3 January 2014

Christmas Lights



Christmas Lights...


At Christmas time every year you will always find families visiting the light displays around them. 2013 was no different. 

A cousin of mine for the past 7 years has put on a display of lights at his house in Brisbane and undoubtedly I would have to say they are the best I've ever seen. He is a very creative man and he should be commended very very highly for his efforts. 

However, getting to the chase, for 3 nights over the month of December 2013, my family and I visited my cousin and his family to help out with carols and being Santa amongst other things. Over those 3 nights of visiting we saw close to 11,000 people come through the gates to check out the lights. As you can imagine that is a huge amount of people. Babies, toddlers, children, teenagers, parents, grandparents...all coming to visit.

I took some time out one night just to watch the visitors faces as they took their first look at the lights. It was amazing to see their faces light up at the scenery and to see the reaction from people to something so special. 

I stopped and thought to myself how I might feel and seem when the day comes that I see God. I would like to imagine that my face might be filled with the excitement like I saw on the people these nights. 

The Christmas lights are now a reminder of the Lord. The one who shines ever so brightly in mine and other people's lives. 

God Bless x


No comments:

Post a Comment